Thursday, January 18

My aphrodisiac is you

Oysters are a standard aphrodisiac, maybe that's why London Transport thought everyone would get turned on to the card they want us to use instead of cash. I reckon more people would use it if they made sure there were people at their stations to fucking sell the thing! Three stations I drove round yesterday, just to find a shop opposite the last one that explained I had to give a £3 deposit for my own pay-as-you-go card. Eh? I wasn't planning on giving it back and going through this rigmarole again next time I need to go to London and have posh drinks so effectively TfL have charged me for using a system that they want me to use and where payg actually means topping up in advance so they have my money much longer in exchange for paying a semi-reasonable fare instead of the disgustingly high cash price. PigFuckingBastards, they know I'm broke!

And, breathe...

Luckily, the evening turned out to be well worth the hassle of the oyster card. And of getting lost in Covent Garden and hearing 'you have dialled an incorrect number' when I first tried calling to say I was lost and please rescue me then hearing 'you are through to ML's voicemail' the second time, stamping my foot like a petulant child and twisting my ankle a bit on the cobbles. I finally saw someone with a day-glo vest on which was written 'Lost? Ask me for help!' so I did and he was perfectly lovely and gave me a map and explained twice, v e r y s l o w l y for the dippy blonde how to get where I wanted and I gave him a few quid cos he was homeless and this was how he made his money and I thought that was a fabulous idea cos I never get time to read the Big Issue when I buy it.

So I got to the place and walk past it twice to find the door, stand in the foyer trying to figure out where to go and my phone rings and I can hear ML's voice in stereo cos he's calling from the bottom of the staircase directly in front of me so his first impression of me is me being a lost bint. Nice one, Ange. And him looking that damn gorgeous in a suit, too. He found us a table and got us a glass of wine and I did polite chit chat while he did his nervous Hugh Grant thing (so cute!) till I said 'do you mind if I smoke? He replied 'not at all, actually, can I pinch one? I don't smoke anymore but...' and that was it, I was creasing with laughter cos all ex smokers do that and, ice firmly broken we proceeded to smoke like chimneys, drink four bottles of wine between us and not bother with dinner cos we were comfy talking and laughing where we were before having the nicest goodnight snog I've had in many a year, texting all the way home and missing my station and having to get a cab back home.

I woke up today with the biggest hangover of all time and the distinct feeling that a camel had shit in my mouth which has led to me spontaneously deciding to quit smoking, cold turkey, which is making me slightly manic and restless and prone to run-on sentences as you may have noticed.

ML, you are a great big lump of funny, clever gorgeousness and we must do it again (without the fags)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha all ex smokers smoke OPFs (other people's fags). The downside of smoking is of course a mouth like Ghandi's flip flops.

Sounds like you had a damn good night anyway FB, more to come I hope!

PS I love that song by Katie, it's a real making out tune!

Vi said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Sounds promising FB! More info on ML!!!!!

Oh and what a FAB idea of the Lost bloke!!!!

Lady in red said...

hey can i borrow your 'Lost' man went for an interview and got lost drove past the place twice before parking in a the local shopping centre to call the office and ask for directions. I was only 25 mins late not a good start!!

Mummy said...

I am so proud of the homeless man and his 'lost' idea. Yay !! I heart the The Big Issue, i miss it.

ML sounds hunky, who is he?

Angela-la-la said...

The Lost man was such a brilliant idea and he was so sweet too, I gave him far more than I would normally cos I was so impressed. Ideas people like that should be rich, not homeless!

ML is a wonderful and lovely and gorgeous mate and he knows I love him to little mintballs but there are reasons it can't turn into a romantic saga between us, not least of which is my date with Mr M next week...

Still not smoking though, yay me :-)

Persian Princess said...

the lost man rocks!!
so glad you had a fun night FB...ML sounds gorge...pity it can't be more, but I look fwd to reading about your hot date with Mr M!!
and well done on the not smoking :)

The Nothing Man said...

Sounds like a great evening. Love the stuff about the Oyster cards (channel that hate, baby)!

Just... Why? said...

Oyster cards - a sinister Govt conspiracy to track your every movement (at least that's what the voices tell me whenever I take my tinfoil hat off)

Marck Bailey said...

FB -- Just returning the favor of a visit (thank you muchly) and got carried away, reading your last ten posts. Damn, another blog I'll have to be regularly checking.

You write like a rollercoaster on the downslope ... all out of control and bumpy and fast, a little scary at times ... and fun, fun, fun. Yet another vicarious thrill for me. See ya 'round.

always kris said...

Oyster cards?

Sounds like you had a great time with ML.

Midnight said...

I just wanted to say thanks for today! You're a star!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm. Lovely. ML sounds fab. Nothing nicer than a really amazing goodnight snog.

Definitely want to hear more about mysterious Mr. M, doll.

Angela-la-la said...

I'm just about to channel some hate, even though I know my rant won't be as good as the ones I've already seen.

Dennis - welcome! Rollercoaster pretty much sums my life up but you're never bored reading here :-)

Kris - New system to pay fares on the buses and tube (subway). JW is right, it's all a conspiracy to track our journeys!

MM - Ooh,another MM! Dunno about star, more like emotional dominatrix! You're very welcome anyway xx

LFM - I'll know more next week but it's looking good so far (certainly ticks a lot of my abc's!)