Thursday, February 22

Nuts

A turned up early to help me and bought me a box of mixed nuts on Monday which was unusually thoughtful of him (even though I suspect they were left over from christmas). REturning the favour I stayed and taught the late class with him and had a good laugh. At one point somone said nuts and we both launched into singing 'oh hazlenuts, ooh! Cadburys take 'em and they cover them in chocolate!' from the very old advert. It's weird spending time with him and that kind of chemistry still being there even though we both know things wouldn't work between us. If he was gay it would make perfect sense, we're the Will and Grace of martial arts.

Tuesday I finally had some time to myself as the last of the kids schools re-opened. I really do love my kids but 12 days of having them around me all the time was not helping my mental state. Training on tues evening was knackering in a whole new way. I can breathe easier which is great for stamina but means extra work for the muscles as I'm going for longer. The extra weight is really playing havoc with my balance and stuff too which completely dischuffs me. Not to mention the brain fuzz which makes me forget patterns in kata or, worse, the most basic move - getting out of the bloody way when a fist comes towards your face! Very ouchy moment.

Got home to find a dating site message from a bloke I'd chatted to by mail but put off cos I was backing off of dating and he was going away for a while anyway. He was just back from Canada and wanted to see if I was still available, we got chatting and before I knew it it was 4am and we were still laughing (on the phone by now). He's very different from my usual type - works with his hands, stands 6'4" and looks like he rides a Harley (which he does, I can't wait to have a go on the back of that!) but I've never been one to say never. One thing I find strange is that he's another aquarian! A is aquarian, as is P and so was J (five year part time, long distance man) I'm a magnet for water carrying blokes.

Weds was quite good even though I felt dead from lack of sleep cos I didn't have the black eye I was expecting and my upgraded mobile phone turned up (that's going straight away - I need the cash!) Harley texted me early to say hi* and let me know he'd got up late and carried on texting and calling all day till I had to admit that I'd double booked myself for Saturday night so couldn't do our date. Told you I was being ditzy lately. It's wait and see at the moment whether we meet up on Friday or Sunday, he's not stopped texting/calling me in the meantime and we're getting on great so let's just hope it works as well in meatspace.

Amongst all this I've been teaching myself html and I'm looking to learn css once I'm more confident. Thanks for the metaphorical arse kick, lc; you were absolutely right and it's not as difficult as my mental block had me believing all those years! I've not learnt anything proper since I chucked my psychology course in last year and I'd forgotten how buzzy I get when I have new information to play with.

Next post is the 100th, watch this space for something totally, er, unspectacular.


* As lovely as it is to be thought of, why do they do that? I don't open my eyes of a morning and immediately think Oooh I know, I'll text someone! I think Give. Me. Coffee! Having said that I don't wake up with a hard on so maybe I've just answered my own question...)



11 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

OHHHHHH! It's not pink any more! Was that deliberate? BTW I like Aquarians :)

Annie said...

Ohh I like the template, it really suits you.

Vi said...

All my blokes have been aquarian lately. I'm still on the look out for my scorpio, apparantly my soul mate I'm meeting by May (so Tony Tarot said!)

Sounds like you are having a fun time FB, keep it up!

LC said...

Told you it was easy :)

Good work, it's looking smart.

Angela-la-la said...

*curtsies*

*giggles*

*moons*

Thank you, gorgeous people.

I spent a lot of time mucking about with html today then got frustrated, came back an hour later, clicked the wrong button on bloody blogger and got this template which I immediately fell in love with cos it was pretty much what I was trying to build anyway. Ho fucknuggeting hum. All I had to do was fiddle with a widget to add some of my signature colour. I can so do widget fiddling.

I love 'em majorly but the aquarian thing is weird, Vi. As a rule they don't go well with us Gems but my last three (proper) sexual relationships have all been with water carriers and now along comes Harley so I have to wonder if the universe is making me work through something here!

Robbert said...

very sweet

Midnight said...

Well I'm another Aquarian and was married to a Gemini, then proceeded to date three of them after we split. I don't really place much emphasis on star signs, but I did find it weird that over almost ten years and through pure chance I'd only dated Geminis. No idea what star signs the current candidates are, I suppose I should check them out really!

Looking forward to you running up your century!

Anonymous said...

But your pink! It's...!
Oh you know.

Lady in red said...

I seem to have always picked scorpio's now Im staying well away from them. never put much store in star signs but have now noticed the similarities in behaviour. these days I seem to be attracting a lot of Leo men.

Unknown said...

Pink is the prettiest colour ever.
leave ittt.

Ordinary Girl said...

I love this new template. Much easier to read, and track back on.

Good luck with Harley - whatever star sign he is! As a Sagittarius myself, I think I'm destined to lonely sluttishdom (although now I come to think of it, pretty hard to be a slut on your own...??!!)