Sunday, March 11

Poke her face

It's grading day so there are lots of nerves for me to soothe. Not just my students but A's too, being I took his latest class. I'm going through some last minute talks when I notice Julie out of the corner of my eye. This will be the first time I've seen her since, you know, and I find myself talking really fast to the very students I'm trying to calm as she gets closer to where we are.

"Hi guys, you're looking good! Angela, Sensei would like your help with the admin desk. I'll walk over with you"

"Oh right. Ok you lot, you know I've put my faith in you so dig deep, show what you can do and if you feel like falling over let me know quick so I can kick your arse!"

Pep talk over, I leave my students with a smile on their faces and fix my own expression to 'polite interest' as I hear Julie say,

"You'll never guess what Pete told me last night! There was me thinking I'd knock his socks off with my threesome fantasy and he's only bloody topped me! Been there for real - with four of 'em!"

I'm actually a little bit ashamed at just how convincingly I stopped in my tracks and stared at her with my mouth open.

I really need to learn how to play poker.


ps

All my students graded. And all of A's students that I made sure to support as soon as I was off of admin duties.

I have fabulous students.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done for getting all through with such good grades. Shows that they listen to their teacher. x

HKMGB said...

Yeah, congratulations. I'm really, really happy for you and your students.

It's really fantastic news.

Persian Princess said...

well done FB! all down to the fab teaching I'm sure :-)
hmm, being a bit cynical here but do you reckon Pete told Julie because he figured out you'd seen them from when you fixed his PC and was afraid you'd blab to her??

Midnight said...

Students are only as good as their teachers FB, I'm sure they appreciate you just as much as you do them!

Vi said...

What goro said (you beat me bitch!)

;p

Ordinary Girl said...

Damn that goro, I was thinking that too! But hey, gets you out of a tight spot! We should never dabble in other peoples relationships, because in my experience the dabbler tends to be the one getting shot!

Mummy said...

I agree with Goro. im such a joiner . congrats on the A team

Persian Princess said...

hehe - I hardly ever get in first on the comment box so nar harr!!

Angela-la-la said...

Teehee, that Goro was quick off the mark for a girl who's buying a flat and bonking a boy regularly!

I think that's quite possibly why he dropped it into conversation but I don't care why, I just wanted her to know what she was getting into really. She does the fantasy thing about this stuff but we all know there are no zips and buttons in fantasy sex let alone spare tyres or disease protection!

Lambent - was that sarcasm ya shitferspunk bastard? xx