Thursday, April 26

Song of songs

One line from each of my overall top twenty et voila! A whole new song!

Well it's been more than a year
Turn a new page, tear the old one out
Life takes some fighting
That's just the fear

But that's not the only lie I told you
And it's too late to change
You've got a chance to put things right
I keep on pushing for some way through

Sometimes I wish, I could cry on demand
that I would be loved even when I numb myself
They tell me to fight it
Can't expect the world to be your Raggedy And-y

I've never wanted something rational
I don't want to be your idol
And every star above you
A fragment of the girl, soft and sentimental

And wondering what's meant to be
An older version of me
And though it seems absurd
All I wanted was some evidence
that you really like me


I did have each line link to it's song but lost it when I formatted the text to look uniform. Bollocks and buggeration.

9 comments:

Peach said...

cor blimey - have just about got head around your dream post so have posted my humble analysis... XXX

Troika said...

Angela, you have FAR too much time on your hands.

Angela-la-la said...

What can I say,I was sober and couldn't sleep!

Anonymous said...

Then, why be sober? Seems kind of pointless. :)

Joanna Cake said...

Oh my god, I know those last two lines and I can hear them in my head but I just cant get to the chorus!

Ordinary Girl said...

Troika stole my comment, lol. How do you even think to put all those lines together to make a new song? And then to do it and make it rhyme (pretty much!) - fanbloomingtastic!

But too much time on your hands :-)

Ariel said...

Yay, yay, yay! Wooohoooo, yay! No song without those, formatting or no formatting.

Vi said...

I wanna hear you sing it next weekend!

Persian Princess said...

I'm with Vi...sing it baby, sing it!!