Sunday, June 17

Not just because he came first...

...do I call him No 1 Son. Knowing how much I wanted this fantastic book, he ordered me a limited edition, signed and numbered, pre-release copy. Then refused to let me open it until my actual, after-release, birthday. Wherever did he learn to be so stubborn in the face of prolonged, pathetic pleadings?!

We've had a rocky time lately, he and I. GCSEs aren't easy (especially if you're bright and have more than most of your cohort) and neither are adolescent lads, (especially when their single mums are a bit flaky due to sending their grand... oh, you know it all by now).

So, when came home from work on Saturday carrying these, well.

I didn't think I'd ever stop hugging him.

Sadly, neither my flower arranging nor my photography can do them justice.







ps

It's tomorrow. Just, ya know, in case you were interested, like...

5 comments:

Vi said...

Ahhhh,bless him!!!

Shows you how well you've brought him up!

Happy birthday for tomorrow baby!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Fussy, happy birthday to you.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, FB. I just know that this year will be better than the last for you. xo

bobbins said...

Happy birthday!!

Lady in red said...

aww bless him.

Isn't it wonderful to have such lovely son's in my case it is #2 son. he has no money but has been taking care of his aging mother through her illness whilst doing his GCSE's

heres to bright young boys and them getting the results they deserve in august