Wednesday, July 4

Nike knows

How much time do you spend procrastinating? Really? How much do you allow things to hold you back from truly doing and being who you want to be, right now? Past experiences, maybe. Fears of falling, of failure, of fucking up your future...

Answer honestly.

Unless you choose to comment, only you have to know your reply.

Me? Nowhere near the extent I used to. Having said that, today made me realise I still hold myself back at times, and with the flimsiest of excuses (I won't justify them as reasons, they're excuses, pure and simple).

A friend I knew through karate died last night. He was a proper, EastEnd 'big lad'; larger, louder, than life and a total bugger to spar against. He and I often giggled with his beautiful daughter as she learned to punch, kick and block. She's six, his son four, his wife already trying to recover from a series of setbacks, not least of which were six miscarriages in two years or so as they tried for a third child between them.


He was only 26.


Life. Just do it.


RIP Big Lad x

5 comments:

Vi said...

Oh shit, that's horrible! So young.

Joanna Cake said...

So sad! Nike have it right. We should all live by the motto 'Carpe diem' and sieze the day. Big hugs x

Ordinary Girl said...

Things like this certainly bring that motto home FB. Hope you're doing ok.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, FB, for your loss.

There is no moment but this one. That's all we have.

Anonymous said...

Cheesy as it is, I try to 'seize the day' and be happy as much as possible. In between the crap I think its the most you can hope for and you should seize that oppurtunity.