Wednesday, December 12

Kyu-te!

That's it, I'm officially old. My blood pressure is high. Ridiculously so, despite the lovely practice nurse chatting about embarrassing her children by booking to go to the IOW festival in order to relax me as she reset the machine twelve times in fifteen minutes.

Still, I came away with another script for keepmesanes (along with an appointment for the 2nd Jan to confirm whether I was still at risk of a stroke) and they've kicked in so I'm back on a relatively even keel.

Even enough, in fact, not only to cope with three assessments over two college days but to pass one previous failure and earn first attempt distinctions in the other two. These results have confirmed to me that, as a florist, I'm much more suited to wedding work than sympathy tributes.

My classmates were far less surprised than I at this outcome and I admit to being quite flattered that my peers, as well as the examining tutor, saw my stitching, wiring, taping and individual artistic detailing of intricate bridal designs as good enough to be a speciality within the industry.

Until, that is, I remembered that they'd all heard my portfolio of death / funeral / undertaking jokes and one liners during the course of the unit and that's when it occurred to me that this was less a vote for 'she's great at wedding work' and more a case of 'don't let her anywhere near a grieving widow for fucks sake!'

In other news I had a karate grading and gained my 1st Kyu. Next one will be for a black belt. And I heard on the grapevine (ok, at the christmas party) that I actually impressed my sensei during our sparring match. I'm a bit bloody chuffed at that.

10 comments:

Midnight said...

You are multi talented indeed! Just don't do funerals. Your brand of humour is much more suited to happy occasions.

Michelle said...

A black belt, eh? I always knew you could kick ass, but now it's official!

Joanna Cake said...

Go Angie Go!!!! Well Done that woman. I shall see you in the New Year to further our pursuit of dominance on the ground x

Vi said...

glad to hear you are back on an even keel and WELL DONE on the grading! Hope you hae a great new year my sweet, you deserve it!

Rick said...

My blood pressure is high too, but I'm 50. The doctor keeps adjusting the meds to try and get it down.

A Happy New Year to you. Check out the give-away on my blog. I think that you'll be glad you did.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Rick said...

"Non Spammy" - funny - thanks for visiting.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Annie said...

Come back, come back! And happy new year.

xxx

Complex Girl said...

Hope you are well and had much festive fun, and wishing you the best year you've had for a long time x

PS. And come back soon!

Anonymous said...

Erm, it's now 2008.

................*

(tumbleweed)

Midnight said...

Have you got writer's cramp? Or have you been otherwise engaged?

Happy New Year!