Wednesday, January 9

Ever feel a boob?

Sis had a weekend away and popped in to me afterward to collect Nephew E.

"I've got you something..." she said as she prepared to leave, "it was so you I couldn't resist"

In the bag she hands me is a t-shirt.

It's black but feels like soft, quality cotton and does have some of my signature pink in the form of the breast cancer campaign ribbon and snazzy slogan. Being a proud Race for Life runner and owner of a decent pair of babyfeeders, having close ancestors that haven't and a close friend that has beaten this disease, it's well known in my circles that I'm a, er, firm advocate of ladies keeping their tits fit.

Sis proudly points out the internal 'invisible' support that she knows I favour on days I need to either strap the girls down even more than usual (mums race at school sports day, anyone?) or let them out of their standard under-wired, cantilevered prisons without scaring the horses (cos what PMS really stands for is Painful Mammary Section!)

"See? It supports you and your favourite charity!" she exclaims.

I thank her for her thoughtfulness and she goes back to her arsehole husband (formerly known as beefy BIL), obviously hoping that she'd at least begun to make up somewhat for the slap he put on my son.*

It wasn't till a couple of hours later, upon realising I was back at college the next day so needed to make sure there was something other than school uniform fit to wear in public, that I returned to the bag.

And noticed as I removed the labels that they stated, in very large print -

Post Surgery Clothing.

Comfort and style after mastectomy.

Wow. Thanks, sis!




*Not a fucking chance, I'm still steaming fucking mad and it ain't going nowhere no time soon. This particular episode has only exacerbated my quiet, dangerous rage cos not only is it not up to her to apologise - it's up to that arrogant, depressed, non-self-aware, apron string attached bully - but also because I am not, simply by virtue of being an adult, the person that deserves the apology, Babyboy is.

6 comments:

Peach said...

couldn't agree more, and you're being the perfect lady by not mentioning it or bringing it up, but I fear the bully may never actually come to his senses, such is the nature of that beast... chin up and tits out darling xx

Annie said...

"See? It supports you and your favourite charity!"

Brilliant.

Vi said...

LOL! That's like when Jasmine was out shopping for some new jeans, her sis pulled some out for her saying they would be perfect for her, to find they were maternity!

MommyHeadache said...

Come on Ange, don't look a gift horse in the mouth!! As for you not punching Beefy BILs lights out I would not have so much self control.

Michelle said...

Oh dear (*laugh*). Do you think she realized?

Joanna Cake said...

Remember, it's the thought that counts!

And he should apologise to the lad and make things up! That's gonna take more than the thought and, being a man, he probably hasnt even had that so it may need to be suggested to him in such a way that he thought it was his own idea...