Wednesday, March 12

7 month glitch

Bing and I have become a married couple.

It's a culmination of our deep love and respect for each other. A mutual wish to show adoration every day in the little ways that matter in long term relationships.

Making a surprise cuppa for the one that's engrossed in a project with a deadline, giggling as we compete at scrabulous across the room, separate yet together, or at television qiuzzes sitting close enough to playfully slap the other when answers don't match. Sharing a secret smile as we laugh and muck around with the kids or a secret eye-roll as we lay boundaries down yet again during this trying time in their young lives.

Work, college, karate, three kids and a dog, each in their own difficult phases of growing up, extended family and ex partners all create stress that we seek to alleviate in the other. He gives the best massages - proper dig the elbows in stuff that makes the mass in my muscles melt. I give him the perfect buzz cut then spend ages trailing my fingers across his head and watching his brow furrows fall away even as he mentally plans yet another meeting or report. Even the annoying things we do get openly spoken about, laughed at then put where resentment can't set in. It's like we only live to make the other feel better and it's lovely.

Except... me being such a fussy bitch there just has to be an 'except'...

We only have sex when the kids aren't around which is, essentially, once a week. Hence my comparison to a married couple (Oh come on you didn't really think..? Oops. My bad)

I have an annual bonus cheque due soon. Once I've made my donation to One in four (see sidebar for full details) I'll be logging in to lovehoney to find a way to get a very quickie divorce from this situation.

4 comments:

Vi said...

I was bloody well gonna say.... 'That's not how married couples act!!!!'

What's this, no sex when kids are around?

I'm sure it's never stopped you before! ;P

Joanna Cake said...

What on earth are you going to buy from lovehoney that's going to make the kids not notice so you can do it more than once a week? I think they might notice that that blow-up doll is not actually a real babysitter... Can I suggest a season ticket for each of them at the cinema might be a better investment...?

monkey said...

a season ticket or try getting them a nintendo wii that will keep them occupied for hour a generate enough noise to drown out the buzz

Anonymous said...

oh dear. once a week, you really need a solution to that. though on the plus side it must be fantastic when it happens :-)