Tuesday, June 17

Come in number 39, your time is up

The day before I turned 9 - I realised the man my mother married wasn't the saviour he was made out to be.

The day before I turned 19 -
I met the man I would marry and have three children with in order to escape the man that was a monster.

The day before I turned 29 - I met the man I would leave my marriage for and, from then on, was made out to be a monster.

The day before I turned 39 - I'd had twelve hours solid sleep, safe in the knowledge that, finally, I had found the man I could trust not to be a monster, nor to make me one whenever I express an opinion.

The day before I turned 39 - I was a truly happy little fat florist.

The day before I turn 49 - Who knows? In the near four decades I've been around I've at least learned that nothing is impossible given enough wish and and a bit of will.

Well, apart from quitting fags and booze.

9 comments:

Timbo said...

I'll get in there first.... HAPPY BUMDAY/BIRTHDAY (delete as applicable! And re the fags/booze tragedy, don't worry about it. We're all allowed our vices. Mine just happen to be fluffy bunnies and oh so yummy muesli, and yours could possibly kill you. I suppose a bunny could flip and go mental, and try to kill me, but I'd like to see her fucking try. And as for muesli, well, no.
So yeah, where was I? Happy birthday! x

Peach said...

awful lot of monsters there my lovely angie wangie, but I know you know more than any, that you don't need no knight in shining anything to ward them off...

... saying that how nice that you've found one, just in case

Biggest hugs to you and let's meet up soon XXX

bedshaped said...

Non fussy Birthday wishes to you.

Trixie said...

My god.... another year already????

Geez, I remember sending you a doaen birthday wishes last year, and this year I missed it!

Did you have your RSS feed off or something, cause I only just got all of Junes posts through at once!

Joanna Cake said...

Happy Birthday x

And Well Done Bing! x

Mr Farty said...

Happy birthday Angie! Glad you found Mr Right.

Miss Tickle said...

Happy Birthday sweetie pie (and sorry I'm a bit late). xx

Angela-la-la said...

Thank you all for your felicitations. Bing bought me a sat-nav (in pink!) so I have no longer have any excuse not to find my way to your blogs and comment xx

Anonymous said...

That was very interesting.
I would like advice on quitting F&B too though. Any help much appreciated. (Glug puff)