Tuesday, October 31

Commercial break

I'm doing the sex post, honest. Hey, I had to wait so I don't see why my beloved visitors shouldn't share the anticipation...

During the break I simply must post about the new Amy Winehouse album, Back to Black. I loved her first, Frank - Stronger than me was my theme tune during my last relationship! Her voice is amazing and her lyrics heartbreaking and hysterical in turn, so I was a bit worried that the second album wouldn't match up but it's brilliant! Quite different, certainly less jazzy but still liberally peppered with sex and swearing amongst the Supremes style melodies and production. 'You know I'm no good' is the track I most relate to but I've played the whole thing on repeat all day (I'm sure my neighbours think I have OCD!) and my favourite changes with each repeat.

I hate what she's done to her body but, for all her badly drawn ink, extreme dieting and boozing, the girl can still sing Joss Stone into a cocked hat and for that I applaud her.

Right, I'm off to finish the sex post... and play it a few more times.


No comments: