Tuesday, October 17

The Queens speech

...was later than usual. I heard nothing all day other than a few texts from P, who I have a date with tomorrow night (Note to self - google him when you've done this! Note to beloved readers - it's not stalking, it's part of the modern woman's self defence armoury)

Despite an attack of the ocd's (which was much needed actually, my windows and curtains were bloody filthy!) I held it together and did all the mummy things I had to do, dropped No 1 Son off at school again for the 'evening of world culture' that I'd ducked out of attending and went to training for some mindful exercise and a bit of violence. Forgot to put my phone on silent and earned a look from Sensei when my kit bag vibrated and it rang five minutes into the session (everyone knew it was mine cos my main ringtone is Booty Call)

After that it beeped every five minutes to let me know I'd missed a call and had voicemail. I've never known a phone that could beep louder than thirty adults kiai'ing but this one did. By the time we got ready for sparring I was feeling nauseous so thought it was probably best that I didn't fight anyone. The time crept by at a rate of injured snails till I could finally check my voicemail. Not that it said much other than they'd finished for the day (this, just after 7.30pm), she couldn't contact sis either and she'd call me tomorrow to give me more details but there was nothing to worry about. Now, I really have grown to like and trust L, the policewoman in charge of the case, but I found this even less comforting than when the GP's surgery calls and says 'could you come in at first light tomorrow? Doctor would like to see you, but it's nothing to worry about'

So, the Queen had made her speech and the gift was unwrapped, only for me to find another layer of paper underneath the first. And this one is covered in brown parcel tape that will take all night to remove cos I'm not allowed scissors in case I run with them.

Except I'd forgotten that sis has scissors - or, to put it in plain english rather than analogy - L's mobile number. She'd called her (waking the poor girl who'd been up since 3am prepping for the early arrest) and learned that he'd admitted some episodes, though he disputed the context of our memories. I found that a bit laughable and wondered if he had a context that actually made it ok for an adult male to use two girls of 6 and 7 for personal sexual gratification but never mind, the admission is there and that's the gift I wanted.

He's been bailed for four weeks, he's not allowed home as my mother is a prosecution witness now she's made her statement, neither is he allowed near me or sis, not that I expect a visit. I do still expect to hear that he's been found hanging somewhere though...


No comments: