Tuesday, November 14

For an ordinary girl


Actually, I don't mean any old ordinary girl. I mean OG herself, the one that always gets there before me and says it better in comments. Yep, that one. I've been wracking my brains to get the right words for her and can't find them, they all just sound wrong when I type them. Either too blanket supportive, which just isn't me, or too 'tough love' which I don't feel comfortable with unless I know that person on a more real level and know how it will be received in their heart. Still, there's this niggling feeling that I want to say something, that I have the sentiment right, the motive is pure, that I may actually be able to help in some small way. And that I want her to read it but not the cause/object of the issue.

I've been listening to James Morrison - Undiscovered as I wracked. Highly recommended it is, too; lovely lyrics, great voice, sweet tunes. This track pretty much says what I was struggling to...


I've been twisting and turning in a space that's too small
I've been drawing the line and watching it fall
You've been closing me in , closing the space in my heart
Watching us fading and watching us fall apart

Well I can't explain why it's not enough
Coz I gave it all to you
And if you leave me now
Oh just leave me now
It's the better thing to do

It's time to surrender
It's been too long pretending
There's no use in trying
When the pieces don't fit anymore

Oh, don't misunderstand how I feel
Coz I've tried, yes I've tried
Still I don't know why
No I don't know why

Why I can't explain why it's not enough
Coz I gave it all to you
And if you leave me now
Oh just leave me now
It's the better thing to do

It's time to surrender
It's been too long pretending
There's no use in trying
When the pieces don't fit anymore
The pieces don't fit anymore

You pulled me under so I had to give in
Such a beautiful mess that's breaking my skin
Well I'll hide all the bruises; I'll hide all the damage that's done
But I show how I'm feeling until all the feeling has gone

Well I can't explain why it's not enough
Coz I gave it all to you
And if you leave me now
Oh just leave me now
It's the better thing to do

It's time to surrender
It's been too long pretending
There's no use in trying
When the pieces don't fit anymore
The pieces don't fit anymore


If you listen to the album, OG, my hope is that you get to 'Last Goodbye' stage sooner rather than later.

7 comments:

Wild Cat said...

Hell, can I use this too :o)

Angela-la-la said...

I had a feeling it might hit the spot for more than just OG. Use all you like, hun :-)

Ordinary Girl said...

Thank you so much FB. A whole post dedicated to me??!! I'm flattered. And don't worry, I'm fine and dandy :-)

Time this girl came out fighting and moved on methinks!!

Anonymous said...

Hello to you too Fussy Bitch!

Vi said...

Wow, that's so nice, FB. Don't know if you've read my latest post yet, but I can see this being played in the scene of our TV series. You can be the agony aunt who helps us all out, while battling with your own demons!

Freddy said...

hmm i guess it's a girly thing this balladeer with guitar and sad songs thing
The James of the Morrison ilk does seem to be marginally more musically talented than the ex-army rhyming slang James though.
Lyrically that chorus is pretty good though.....

Angela-la-la said...

Hello Annies mum! :-)

Vi - you should think more often, that post was brill!

Freddy - welcome to my box ;-) I'm writing a whole post about lyrics at the moment. As much as those ones fit the situation at the time I must say my favourite on that album is Call the police. Not particularly romantic or girly but I love them :-)