Friday, March 23

Bum, bum

...and ten bums in a row.

Mice, men, meh. Babygirl has tonsilitis but I've called in the backup, i.e. her father, to take over nursing. She's chuffed to little mint balls cos she'll be spoilt rotten and I'm chuffed to little bint balls cos I get to my date/meeting thingy, albeit later than planned.

Dunno about seeing the plays either now. Ex hubby sucked his teeth and gave one of those 'you don't wanna be walking round there on yer own, love' looks when I mentioned where it was. Part of me doesn't actually feel like seeing it on my own but the rebel in me wants to go just to stick two fingers up to the ex and his acting like an overprotective father. Nnnggg. It's south of the river not south of fucking Gaza!

On the other hand he is correct in that I'll probably get lost and if I don't have people there that I know to call and direct me to the pub I'm more than likely to spend hours wandering away and getting nowhere rather than pondering a play and getting sloshed.

Again I say, bum.

7 comments:

Quote said...

What's the problem? I see no need for bum here.

Angela-la-la said...

Well, you see I was looking forward to having the morning to myself to get ready for my meeting and see a play with some online people, all without having to justify where I was going. Instead I've had to organise sick-child care, the online people can't make it so I'll be billy bloody no buds in the pub and the ex hubby has had another chance to try and make me look selfish and reckless merely for being a woman/mother and going out alone. BUM!!!

You did ask... :)

Quote said...

I think I've just hyperventilated.

Bumworthy status is hereby granted.

Vi said...

Just do it FB, you'll have a great time.

Anonymous said...

go for FB, xx

Midnight said...

Save energy and just use one finger I say. Go for it and walk tall (I know that might be a bit tricky for you, but you know what I mean).

Angela-la-la said...

Teehee @ you lot! I took my bum and went and it was brill, full update coming soon!