Wednesday, April 11

My bum hurts

An hour and a half of cycling will do that to you, assuming you're not used to sitting on a razor blade. And don't believe all that crap those gel saddle cover selling people tell you cos they don't work either.

Still, babygirl and I had fun and there's something very liberating about cycling, even if I do feel like a bloody great blimp and have to be taught cyclecraft by my daughter. She found it incredible that the bike I was on was the first one I'd ever owned in my life and I loved that she did cos that means she thinks it's normal for all kids to have a bike of their own. It fucking is! I just never had normal, or a bike, so I love the times when she makes those incredulous faces cos it means I've done good atsomefuckingthing as a mum. My own mind may be fubar'd but my kids? They're fit to live life fantastically and therefore easily pay for my choice of care home.

We also had a major giggle at the top of the hill where we stopped for a water break. A group of teens were messing about near the stream/river thingy at the bottom (I'm not good at knowing what these things are but it's wet and runs in a wavy line through the country park, ok?), you know pushing each other in and filming it for youtube, that sort of thing.

The group of teens that joined us at the hilltop were picking out the ones they knew at the bottom and, me being me, I joined in the conversation and made jokes about washing wet, smelly clothes - just prior to one of the lads deciding that if he was going in he'd at least save his mum a mucky job and strip off.

Completely. Stark, bollock, naked.

Which, obviously, meant that his mates picked up his discarded clothes and ran off with them.

I'm pleased to report that this lad had no self-confidence issues whatsoever judging by his waving at his audience at the top of the hill before running, Benny Hill style, after the lads that had his boxers then doing star jumps and hip thrusts when he realised he wasn't going to retrieve them.

I only stopped laughing when a real grown up ascended the hill from the other side and gave us all a sideways glance and a tut. The very second he'd passed us I collapsed into giggles again, babygirl voiced her shame of me to the group of giggling teens and the naked lad recovered his socks so it was all over.

It was fun while it lasted but blimey, my bum don't half hurt now!



I've had a major Alanis day today, ripping all her cd's to the hdd and replaying them as mp3's and suchlike. That was the last of the cd's to add to the downloaded stuff - so why do I still not feel like I have the right music to fit my mood? 15 fucking gigs of music and nothing touches me?

That's just wrong.

11 comments:

Peach said...

ah yeah, woa the bike, am a big bike fan, haven't been cycling in five whole days and I have the pounds saved, sorry, stored to show for it.... Arse...

Can't sleep tonight, thought I'd stop in and say helloooo - are you feeling any better re the list and stuff?

Jacob Da Jew said...

Hey, be happy you did not have the privilege of receiving what I call " Hitting-the Bump- And-Receiving--Massive Shock-To Nuts".


About the Ipod issue- my advice is to play your songs "Shuffled" . I had the same problem when I was riding so I started just shuffling my songs and if I dont like a song I just press next and eventually hit a song apropo to my mood.

Angela-la-la said...

Hi peachy, it was your blog that prompted me to suggest the trip actually so I'm blaming you for the arse ache! ;-)

Seeing the policewomanthis morning to do the statement and still no further on with the list. I'll just have to wing it, like most things.

Jacob, welcome! With the right seat, riding over bumps can be a much nicer experience for girls... ;-)

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fantastic day! do you think you can track them down and get a copy of that tape??? then post it here so we can see the jolly's? that would be hilarious!
xxx Rachel xxx

always kris said...

Hubby and I ride bikes and I totally agree with you about the gel seats NOT working! I want a bike with a big bucket seat on it, so my ass fits in it, not around it. Keep it up FB, it will stop hurting after awhile, you lose all feeling. LOL

Annie said...

God, I cycled 10 km last Friday and had to get the bus home my arse was so sore. The driver wasn't going to let me on but I told him I had a puncture.

I also empathise with the music thing. Nothing on my iPod is working for me. I think it's time I got more music.

Quote said...

Oh, you gonna take me home tonight
Oh, down beside that red firelight
Oh, you gonna let it all hang out...

;^p

Vi said...

I get that sore ass thingy just sitting at my computer! Mainly because I put my feet up on the sofa so the bony part gets the brunt. Until I lost my weight, I didn't know I HAD a tailbone!

Persian Princess said...

hope your butt is feeling better today FB ;-)
And good luck with the impact statement - hope it all goes as well as it can xxx

Freddy said...

I have to get my bike out - so much more fun than running ever could be.

I do hope you won't be combining the bike and the ipod though...

Mummy said...

Pissing myself about the naked dude. I love Alanis but can't always handle listening to her either.
music is funny like that.