Monday, May 21

Emotional exhaustion

Marathon mind, thinking, talking, feeling, feeding, all of friday. One door closes, two more open, both calling me through to clean the rooms behind them, sort through, throw out what's not wanted, open the envelopes I've avoided, negotiate paying the bills therein.

I wanted to clean the rooms in my real house, music up loud, mind on mute. Control my environment with steaming soapy water and a damp cloth, go on to the garden that's grown so much already.

Then, plans for the weekend, physical outings. Emotions not invited. Uncontrolled sex on saturday, controlled violence on sunday. Get my house in order, get out there, get busy. Business as usual, nothing to see here. Thursday? Cross that bridge when I come to it, far more important things to do before then.

Mind clears its throat. Quietly, passive aggressively sucks the manic energy from my body, pushes me to my chair, closes my eyes, slows my heartbeat. I'm not going to have a big breakdown, mind says, but I must insist that you stop bodybusying for a while and pay me some attention. I worked really hard yesterday containing everything, can't remember the last time I had a day off actually. I'd quite like for you to take some care, do something creative maybe, but do it quietly and don't worry that the place is a bit messy.

Do that for me, mind says, and I'll help you get through next week. I'll even allow you to do one physical thing each day until judgement day if it helps. But I won't be ignored anymore.

And I understand what it means.

8 comments:

Peach said...

Good luck sweet la la lady for Thursday - may it all pass quickly and sharply and I look forward to seeing you Friday ... XX

Peach said...

ps sharply for him of course

Anonymous said...

you definantly need to slow down, don't let you stress about thursday make you forget about your wellbeing. you deserve to feel at ease. listen to your body! try and take time out for ten deep breaths a day. it works when you feel overrun. xxxx chin up FB xxxx

Ariel said...

Thursday will be over before you know it. Meanwhile, look after yourself.

Ariel said...

Thursdays can be scary - mine was last week and is somewhat daunting this week too. Just realised I am not sure why yours is something to worry about too, but I have come to wonder whether there is something peculiar about that particular day at the moment. Of course it could all be coincidence...

Vi said...

He's gonna get what he deeserves baby, than you can breathe more easily. Soooo jealous can't make it with you and peachy on Friday! Don't you go telling her any of our secrets! ;P

Ordinary Girl said...

Hang on in there FB! I'm sure it won't be over after Thursday but it's another step nearer.

Give yourself lots of breaks this week and take care x

Anonymous said...

"I'm not going to have a big breakdown, mind says, but I must insist that you stop bodybusying for a while and pay me some attention."

Similar things going on here except substitute heart for mind, I guess.

{{BIG HUGS}}

Great writing, by the way.