Saturday, May 26

What a peach

Despite the ZZ Top earworm her text gave me, I met up with Peach in the rooftop bar of a lovely club, an hour late and looking less than glam from the journey. Beer appeared before me like magic and the talking commenced. Talking which didn't stop all night and was lubricated by raspberry champagne shots, brandy alexanders, a glass of water (!) and two bottles of champagne.

We did think about food at one point but that got lost when Mr 'Do I look like ITV, dahling?!' and his hanger on gatecrashed our conversation and we pretended we were lesbians. Soon enough they were off with a 'toodles, darlings!', we moved over to the comfy sofas where we stayed and talked ourselves daft and then realised it was very much later than we realised, as it were.

Packing Peachy into a cab I got to the tube and found it closed (12.45 on a friday night in London and you can't get a tube? ffs!) so phoned ex hubby to pick me up and took the opportunity to talk about the kids on the way home.

I woke up with a smile on my face and no hangover, (sorry, babe!). It was a brilliant night, screaming laughter and deep, meaningful stuff blended into one, wonderfully long, meandering conversation. Sarah is really, really lovely and she talks as much as me!

Thanks darling, that was exactly what I needed after this crappy week xx

13 comments:

Peach said...

yeah I realised I was gabbing too much when I hadn't drunk my shooter!

Lovely night - again soon please XXX

Midnight said...

Someone talks as much you? I never thought I'd hear those words! Glad to hear you two had a good night out.

Vi said...

Ah, middy, you beat me to it! NOONE talks as much as our Angie. Christ can you imagine next meet? We'll be deaf from the two of them!

Studio Kaufmann said...

Glad you had a good time, very jealous you didn't get a hangover after quaffing that little lot! You must have a stomach of steel.

Michelle said...

I can't beleive you didn't have a hangover after that list you mentioned! Glad to hear your spirits are up after your last post.

Daren said...

You see that's what the glass of water was for... to prevent any kind of hangover (ah if only it was that easy). Of course I'm dead jealous that you are being Peachy's stand in girlfriend, that's usually my role!!

Dxxx
(in Manchester)

Ordinary Girl said...

Really glad you had a good night out FB. You certainly deserve it! I read your blog sometimes and think how pathetic and whiny my poxy troubles must sound to someone who's been where you've been, and lived to tell the tale.
Feel free to kick me up the arse anytime you like!

Here's to many more excellent (and hangover free) nights in your life!

Peach said...

I KNOW how come you DIDN'T have a hang over!!! I had to go out and get caned to cope with the world again!

Dazz - Ange already has children she doesn't need another one, come home soon before I bore too many others senseless!!

Angela-la-la said...

What can I say, one of the only things my real dad gave me was the 'functional alcoholic' gene; aka the ability to drink like a fish and still get things done next day.

I never remember him looking as shitty though, hmm... :)

Dazza, darling! We must plan something for when you're in the country, I've heard all about you...

*cue cliffhanger music*

Angela-la-la said...

Bollocks.

*re-reads Dazza's comment, specifically the Manchester part*

When I say country I mean London, obviously.

Waiter! More brandy over here, stat!

Stray said...

goodness! My head hurts just reading this post :)

Dammit, I wish I drank. There are so many lovely bloggers to get drunk with ...

Unfortunately I got the dysfunctional-alcoholic gene. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

I am so glad you are out with lovely people talking your head off. Thinking of you ...

Sx

Anonymous said...

How exciting! It's not just me and Bird doing mini-meets then!

Seaurchin said...

ok I am very confused...you called your ex for a ride?

I try to avoid my exes as if they were serial killers with machine gun hands.

I mean i would ship off my exes to antoher planet and if it didn't have air....oh so what. Neither did i for the time I stayed with them.

;-)

http://blueseaurchin.blogspot.com/.