Monday, July 16

Pignorant selfarshe twunt - the update

Running round like a loony today, the usual monday stuff plus I had to get the car cleaned out for tomorrows funeral. I finally had five minutes stoppage time outside newphew's school and thought I'd best do something about this rage I felt towards A for not answering me. Here come the thumbs, here come the thumbs...

I take it you don't want to lend me your jacket then? There are only two bloody letters in the word no, I'm sure you could have found time to text that so I knew what I was doing, the service is tomorrow ffs!

Almost immediately I receive

I'll try and get it to you tonight ffs

I'm so tempted to reply that I didn't ask for a fucking delivery service but it's time to collect little legs. Saved by the bell.

He turned up to class this evening with a smile, a sarky comment and the jacket. He's trying to arrange things at work so he can be at the same cemetery and pay his respects but can't get time off to attend fully. Oh, and he had found out what company was dealing with the arrangements - who knew undertakers were so competitive?!

The jacket is, of course, four sizes too big but I don't suppose the family will notice anything other than their wishes being respected on such a horrible occasion.

Which is all I was interested in, despite him trying to turn it into a 'me having a tantrum cos I wasn't getting the answer I wanted' thing. Twunt.


4 comments:

Michelle said...

so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend!

Vi said...

Oh he's such a twat. At least you've got the jacket. I didn't realise he was an undertaker!

My wishes with you today sweetie.

Joanna Cake said...

Sometimes, in retrospect, you start to wonder what on earth you saw in the love of your life at the time... Men!!!! Hope it's not too traumatic today.

Ordinary Girl said...

I hope the funeral went okay. Well as okay as any funeral can go in such circumstances.

And yes, a twunt most definitely!!