Wednesday, September 26

Bitchy Blogday!

Cor, blimey! This blog is now, officially, one year old.


And now for the boring, introspective, self-absorbed, wtf-does-she-think-she-is? bollocks.


I've never managed to keep a diary as long before so do forgive me if I'm a little bit proud of an achievement that I know is truly trivial when viewed on a national / global / universal scale.

In fact, to save you the effort of handing me my arse with a perspective tatooed on it, my pride soon bumps into into my ever-present self-flagellation and a not-so-little voice booms through a loudhailer 'yeah, but would you have kept it up if it hadn't been for a few people commenting and making you feel obligated to? Wouldya, bitch? Eh? EH?'

Today - in the midst of a space-craving, stress-releasing cleaning frenzy that involved my aiming damp bathtowels at the stairwell ceiling cobwebs I simply can't reach with a fully extended Henry and me on full 5'2" tiptoe at the top of the flight - I stronged up and told the voice to 'fuck the fuck off, fuckily - with extra fuck! 'So what that it took outside recognition for me to continue spilling me innings?' I snapped, 'I still fucking did it!' *

And y'know what? That I did, that I'll continue to do, and that I'm pretty damn bloody pleased about. Not only because I get my silly, daft ramblings heard by more than just my pet houseplant but, more importantly -

I get to meet some of the most loveliest, warm, real people I've ever known . (*insert warm fuzzies here*)

I get to help some of them. Throughout this year I've been asked about subjects as many and various as abuse survival, single parenting sons, blog templates, blow jobs, sports bras for the, er, more well-upholstered woman and eco-friendly disposal of dead vibrators. I always answered with the words I give to any worthy person then clung hard to the hope that my experiences would save someone else from making my mistakes even if, deep down, I hadn't really taken those words on board for myself.

I get to introduce a much loved and trusted real-life friend of mine to blogging and watch her positively blossom, firstly via the freedom of expression she's been denied so long and then beyond, through the open validation she deservedly earns for her emotional honesty.

I get to converse with people that, for whatever personal, social or geographical reasons, I'd never otherwise have struck up conversation with, whether in a pub, a workplace or a psychotherapists waiting room.

I get to see just how different things are and how much has happened and it makes me grateful for where I am right now and who I'm with.




*Ok, to be honest, there was a protracted debate with the voice after that about whether the motivation for action really mattered so long as the objective was achieved. The argument ended with the voice declaring 'Hitler probably said the same thing, bitch!', thus I won by virtue of Godwins Law. In your face, voice!

14 comments:

Vi said...

Happy blogday sweetie!

I'm so happy to be one of those blogbuds that you talk about and I sincerely call you a friend.

*MWAH*

Peach said...

Happy Blogday Fussy Bitch!

You were my very first blogmeet....!

Love the new look, especially the header and side ballons....

Well done on everything you've achieved this past 12 months through blogs and outside blogs in the real world, you rock

xxx

Stray said...

happy blog-birthday FB!

may there be cake :)

on a serious note, you did some good things for a lot of people, and you can tell the voice from me that it can fuck the fuckity fuck off ... (and now my voice is telling me to delete that for overstepping - do you think they're conferring?)

big hugs, may you be fussier and bitchier for many years to come ...

Sx

Bittersweet said...

many happy blog day returns :)

Fat Controller said...

Congratulations on your blogaversary. Tell the voice to go and bug someone else for a change. Blogland would be a poorer place without you!

MommyHeadache said...

eco-friendly disposal of dead vibrators
shit I missed that bit of advice. Do they have bins in the UK now, green glass, white glass, defunct Rabbits? Wow!!!

Thanks for all your wisdom over the past year. You are the business!

Daniele said...

Happy blogday! Congrats .. and keep up the good work. You brighten many of my days :)

Complex Girl said...

"In your face, voice!" indeed!!

Happy, happy, happy Blogday FB. Funny how so many of us are celebrating this anniversary all around the same time.

Loving your new look by the way. Fabulous daahling!

Joanna Cake said...

Bitch! You knew about eco friendly rabbit disposal and you never thought to share with me, even tho you must have known how many corpses currently inhabit my hatbox?

Happy Blogday Mrs... and we all learned about bloghonesty from reading yours, numpty.

As to the voices, let's give them both a good pasting on Sunday x

Michelle said...

Happy blogday!! You tell that voice where it can go, girl!

Excellent use of the work fuckily, by the way ;)

And may I add, how had I never heard of Godwin's Law before? I guess you learn somehting new every day...

Anonymous said...

congrats honey, well done, nice to know that we both share something in common, xx

Ronjazz said...

I've never in my life been able to keep a diary...I can't escape the simple fact that something written should be read by someone! So this is a wonderful compromise.

And from what I have recently discovered, you do it very well. Congrats to you.

Angela-la-la said...

Aww, you guys! *blush*

Ah bollocks, what I really mean is thanks muchly I agree with you all - I fucking rock, me! ;)

Constance said...

Congratulations on it being a year, Angela; and hells bells, the reason I keep my blog going is because I too, am a proud comment slut. Keep 'em coming, and I'll keep on wriitng !!!

Loving Annie