Thursday, September 6

If Carlsberg made boyfriends...

They'd have a geeks techy brain wrapped in a rugby player's body.

They'd send fancy flowers from interflora and plain packages from lovehoney.

They'd separate your portion before adding chilli peppers to the dinner they cooked for everyone. And serve your sauce on the side if it's the least bit hot or spicy, just in case.

They'd defuse your tension over who paid for the ingredients at the checkout by loudly exclaiming 'ooh, it's our first argument!' then kissing you into silence.

They'd turn a stroll round the countryside into a 'joys of rugby' lesson for the kids and a 'conquer your fear of very large horses' episode for you.

They'd bring you a usb stick, ostensibly because buying two was an irresistible bargain but also because it's something handy that you'd not buy for yourself. And, prior to giving it to you, they'd pre-load it with all their fabulously NSFW writings.

They'd do measuring and carrying large bits of wood round DIY stores, waving away your foot-stomping protests of independence with 'honey, just because you can doesn't mean you have to do it yourself all the time'.

They'd organise things in their job to work from home then drive three hours so they can work from your home and be with you, even though it's a madhouse and not entirely conducive to concentration or conference calls.

They'd veto sex on sunday nights and drive to work at stupid am the next morning just so they can cuddle you to sleep, making absolutely clear to you that although it's very, very good, it's not all about the sex.

They'd read your blog and immediately say 'why didn't you tell me, ya daft mare!? You and the kids call me anything you're comfortable with. Babe, I've had a decade in the military, there's no name I ain't heard yet and nothing you can do, think or say that will shock me'

They'd be called Bing.

I'd be I am a lucky, lucky bitch.

24 comments:

Burgundy said...

why it's enough to make me believe the world is a marvellous place. Million congratulations on finding him. He's outstanding by the sounds of it.

Vi said...

Oh you definite bitch. Stop rubbing it in!!!!!!!

I'm extremely happy for you babe.

Has he got a friend for me? lol

Mungo said...

Oh so happy for you la-la! You deserve it so much.

Big cuddles
Mx

Fat Controller said...

Yeah, stop it. You're making us others look bad!!!

Pardon my ignorance but: NSFW-wtf?

Oh, and I nominated you for an award. Drop by mine and pick it up!

Miss Tickle said...

SOOOO pleased for you Angie. SOOOO pleased. xxx

Helena said...

I wish Carlsberg sold similar stuff in draught......*sigh* just a half pint would do......!

Joanna Cake said...

Just sit back and let him look after you. You deserve it x

Bittersweet said...

soooo good. :)

Wild Cat said...

At long last someone has found someone worth having! Good luck :o)

(p.s. what's your magic formula to finding such a unique creature!?)

MommyHeadache said...

Yeah yeah, so Bing just may be totally fuckalicious and deeply sensitive....but I was hoping you'd take on troika as a kind of challenge like 'The Biggest Loser'....do you think this would be a good reality show? Have five girls try and reforn troika into a nice person? it would make good telly i think.

Mr Farty said...

He sounds all right. Better than all right. Not bad.

BenefitScroungingScum said...

He sounds wonderful, and you fully deserve him! Now...where did you find this perfect being so the rest of us can get one for ourselves?

Complex Girl said...

(Stamping her feet screaming "I want one! I want one!)

Seriously though, really pleased it's working out so well for you, he sounds just great.

Now, when do we all get to meet him...? :-)

Angela-la-la said...

All - I apologise for the cloud of smug that forces my fingers to type his best bits all over the blog! I'm sure he'll jump off his pedestal at some point and I'll be back to bitching about how men are insensitive assholes that expect to be looked after all the time and what am I, his bloody mother or something! :)

He does have a friend actually, I'm getting more details before deciding who best to match him up with so watch your emails if you're single!

FC I can't believe you don't know the acronym for Not Safe For Work!

Emma - That is a cruel, cruel thought. Which five women do we hate enough to send? *evil grin*

Fat Controller said...

Thanks, I'll remember that, but I don't even need a 'boss key' on my computer 'cos I'm the boss!

Anonymous said...

Ahh bless him but does he put the toilet seat down after him?

Michelle said...

He sounds like a keeper :)

Ms Robinson said...

Ok we like him very much indeed. Can we clone him?

Anonymous said...

if he can chop the wood with his bear hands you done well there girl, xx lol,

MommyHeadache said...

Troika trapped in a Big Brother house with you, Ms robinson, joie, vi and me. Do you think he would still be alive after a month? We'd break him and remold him psychologically so that he could be, I don't know, so that he could be a little less shallow regarding women?

SpanishGoth said...

Looking on the bright side, as it's Carlsberg he is unlikely to be pissed ever

Enjoy though - still better than milk

Complex Girl said...

Come on, come on Miss FB! You just know you want to write lots more gloating posts about the wonderful Bing :-)

Go for your life, I could do with having my faith restored.

Complex Girl said...

Just posted that and then thought "Harumph! She's probably too busy shagging!"

Cow :-p

Vi said...

Hey, you KNOW the friend has to be for me babe!