Friday, May 9

Quickie

It's 2.08am. OK, I'm slightly late but I've not been to bed so it's still today in my life which means I'm adhering to my May I? challenge, so there.

What was it I wanted to say?

Er...

That Boris, eh? Mayor!

My bit of Essex gets a vote for Londonisms, being as we're paying our council tax for 2012 and all that.

I apologise for abstaining. Not that my little vote would have helped the result, more that I feel an obligation as a woman to exercise my hard won right to aid democracy. Such as it is.

Not that I feel that elections are rigged or anything.

Cos, as everyone knows, I don't do cynicism...

3 comments:

Vi said...

I dunno if that works, you've got thursday missing! lol CHANGE THE DATE WOMAN!

Pft, I have the right NOT to vote. And I love it, cause in Oz, you have to, otherwise you get fined.

Joanna Cake said...

You get fined for not voting? Best not let that get out over here - another brilliant form of covert taxation.

I dutifully went and put my cross in the box but I must admit there was no enthusiasm for any of the candidates.

I couldnt even vote green or independent. The only alternative to the standard three was BNP!

Mr Farty said...

How dare you imply that the voting was rigged! It's not the BBC, you know. Or ITV, Channel 4,...